Quote of the Week
“To stay ahead, you must have your next idea waiting in the wings.”
– Rosabeth Moss Kanter, educator
Jokes of the Week
Buddy and his wife Edna went to the state fair every year,
And every year Buddy would say,
‘Edna, I’d like to ride in that helicopter’
Edna always replied,
‘I know Buddy, but that helicopter ride is fifty bucks,
And fifty bucks is fifty bucks’
One year Buddy and Edna went to the fair, and Buddy said,
‘Edna, I’m 85 years old. If I don’t ride that helicopter, I might never get another chance’
To this, Edna replied,
“Buddy that helicopter ride is fifty bucks, and fifty bucks is fifty bucks’
The pilot overheard the couple and said,
‘Folks I’ll make you a deal. I’ll take the both of you for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and don’t say a word I won’t charge you a penny! But if you say one word it’s fifty dollars.’
Buddy and Edna agreed and up they went.
The pilot did all kinds of fancy maneuvers, but not a word was heard.
He did his daredevil tricks over and over again,
But still not a word…
When they landed, the pilot turned to Buddy and said,
‘By golly, I did everything I could to get you to yell out, but you didn’t. I’m impressed!’
‘Well, to tell you the truth,
I almost said something when Edna fell out,
But you know,
“Fifty bucks is fifty bucks!’
August 16, 2009
1. A day without sunshine is like night.
2. On the other hand, you have different fingers.
3. 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
4. 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
5. Remember, half the people you know are below average.
6. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
7. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
8. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.
9. Support bacteria. They’re the only culture most people have.
10. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
11. Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.
12. If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.
13. How many of you believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand.
14. OK, so what’s the speed of dark?
15. When everything is coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.
16. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
17. How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges?
18. Eagles may soar, but weasels don’t get sucked into jet engines.
19. What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?
20. Why do psychics have to ask you your name?
21. Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, ‘What the heck happened?’
22. Just remember — if the world didn’t suck, we would all fall off.
23. Light travels faster than sound. That’s why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
24. Life isn’t like a box of chocolates. It’s more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.